So, had promised a few of us that i will finally write this post, time and time again women have cried foul over the fact that they dint know what exactly to look for in a guy, you see the stage has from time in memorial set by worldy standards and magazines and society on what to look for in a guy or potential mate or husband. As i was pondering over this issue one day i decided to have a talk with my pastor and sure enough i went complaining how there were no guidelines, you know how comes men look up to proverbs 31, the standards there are so high ! lol but we are a work in progress and like peninah said it takes time before we all become this woman, her husband plays a big part into making her the woman she is…any way this is another story for another day.
All am saying i was tired of reading all this magazines and books about how to find a good man, 10 things a great husband possess, i know you have get my drift…….so my pastor sent referred me back to the bible. He challenged me to go through proverbs and there i would find my answers, so as a good girl 😉 , I took up the challenge and here are qualities i dug up,
In general, we can say that a woman should seek a man who is wise,thus proverbs gives us the characteristic of wise men.
1. A wise husband is kind and compassionate (12:10).
2. A wise husband is honest (29:24).
3. A wise husband is hard-working (12:11; 27:23-27).
4. A wise husband is truthful (12:17,19).
5. A wise husband exercises self-control (12:15; 16:32).
6. A wise husband has a gentle tongue (12:18; 15:1-2,4).
7. A wise husband is generous (14:21; 28:27).
8. A wise husband is willing to be corrected (even by his wife) and listens to counsel (12:15; 15:12,31-32; 28:13; 29:1).
9. A wise husband is a man of integrity (19:1; 20:7).
10. A wise husband is faithful and reliable (17:17; 29:3; contrast 25:19; 31:3).
11. A wise husband is forgiving (19:11).
12. A wise husband is willing to admit he is wrong (28:13).
13. A wise husband is humble (15:25,33; 16:18-19; 18:12; 29:23).
14. A wise husband is not contentious, but a peacemaker (17:1; 18:1,19).
15. A wise husband has control of his temper (14:29; 16:32; 17:27; 29:11).
16. A wise husband is a man who avoids excesses (20:1; 23:20-21, 29-35; 31:3-9).
17. A wise husband has a concern for others, especially the poor and the oppressed (29:7).
18. A wise husband can keep a confidence (17:9; 26:20).
19. A wise husband fears God and is obedient to His Word (13:13; 14:26; 16:20; 28:25; 31:30).
20. A wise husband is not a jealous man (27:4).
21. A The wise husband has a positive outlook on life (15:15; 17:22; 18:14).
There you have it !
blessed march people